Allocate at least 5 hours in the field to support this field experience.
Interview an ELL instructor from a Title I school about how assessment is used for placement. You may interview one of the instructors that you have observed during your observations for this course. Inquire also about how placement and accommodations are determined for both special education and gifted ELLs. Your questions might include (but should not be limited to) the following:
- What are the indicators of exceptionality a classroom teacher should look for when a student also has a language barrier?
- How can informal as well as formal assessment results factor into placement?
- What role do parents and teachers have in placement?
- What are some primary factors that are exhibited in underachievement that may not necessarily signal special education needs?
- What are some examples of classroom assessment techniques utilized for ELLs with special needs and gifted ELLs?
- How are changes among individual ELL proficiency levels over the course of the school year accounted for?
- How are diagnostic, formative, and summative assessments integrated for ELLs in mainstream classrooms?
- What are the benefits of the SIOP protocol for native English speakers as well as those for whom English is an additional language?
Use any remaining field experience hours to assist the mentor teacher in providing instruction and support to the class.
Consolidate your findings in a 750 word essay, supporting your findings with at least three current sources from your readings and the GCU library to support your reasoning.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free answers Guarantee
- We Guarantee Timely Delivery of All essays
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your exact Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- We offer Direct Contact With Your Writer
- 24/7 Customer Support