EDU 645 week 4 21st Century Instructional Plan: Student Population Ashford 6: – Week 5 – Assignment
Performance Task Analysis- Summative Assessment Preparation
This week’s assignment requires you to make connections between our course learning outcomes, what you observe from a highly effective source known as Smarter Balanced, and how you can apply what you’ve learned to your own instructional practice. You will first spend some time analyzing the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium website to inform your response. The following must be done before constructing your assignment:
- View Introduction to Smarter Balanced item and performance task development PowerPoint. Be sure to view the comments list.
- Read the Frequently asked questions on the Smarter Balance Assessment Consortium website
- Take some time to peruse the various sample items and corresponding rubrics (when applicable) by selecting “View More Sample Items” at the top of the Consortium screen.
- Guided exploration: Analyze the Grandma Ruth 6th grade writing performance task and its corresponding rubric.
To find the rubric in part “d”, view the “About this item” tab at the top. Note the “Claim” for the assignment (aligns with standard) and the “Target” (objectives and sub-objectives align with Depth of Knowledge [DOK]).
Directions: Use the provided template to complete your analysis of what you learned from Smarter Balanced. Ultimately, you will evaluate how what you observe relates to our course learning outcomes regarding Learning and Assessment for the 21st century. You must include:
- Column 1: All six Course Learning Outcomes (CLO) including numbers and descriptions.
- Column 2: At least one specific example of what you observed from Smarter Balanced that aligns with the corresponding Course Learning Outcome (CLO).
- Column 3: Describe how the course learning outcome and coordinating evidence from Smarter Balanced can support you in your own construction of assessments.
See the example below (may not reproduce content):
(All six course learning outcomes should be included in column 1)
|Evidence from Smarter Balanced
(description and explanation including where found )
|Self-Reflection (Personal connection & how the CLO and evidence from Smarter Balanced may help you construct high quality assessments)|
|1. Assess individual and group performance through use of established criteria for student mastery (including rubrics) in order to design instruction to meet learners’ needs in each area of development (cognitive, linguistic, social, emotional, and physical).||Rubrics are constructed with established criteria following cognitive levels of Depth Knowledge 6th Grade Writing sample rubric||It was interesting to see both cognitive and content components represented in the rubrics. This shows me how I can succinctly design my own rubrics to include a more rigorous, yet explicit criteria.|
When considering the evidence from Smarter Balanced, think about what you’ve learned and practiced thus far concerning alignment between standards, objectives, instructional delivery, student doing and thinking, rigor, and formative and summative assessment.
The information in your table should demonstrate your critical reading and thinking as you analyzed the recommended links in this site. The evidence you share should be succinct, yet descriptive enough to show a connection was made between the course learning outcome and the evidence you discovered. You’ll want to complete the template by moving across from CLO1 in column 1 to the evidence from Smarter Balance that supports CLO1, and then to column 2 – how what you learned from column 1 and column 2 will support you in the creation of your own assessments. The sample you see in the table above provides a brief example only.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free answers Guarantee
- We Guarantee Timely Delivery of All essays
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your exact Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- We offer Direct Contact With Your Writer
- 24/7 Customer Support