In order to engage students in mathematics instruction, teachers use a variety of questioning strategies. It is crucial to have a variety of questioning strategies along with solutions to potential roadblocks that can occur during instruction.
Part 1: Questioning Strategies Template
For this assignment, select a K-8 grade level and a state standard in the area of algebra, and develop aligned learning objectives. Examine a variety of questioning strategies that foster innovation and problem solving in order to complete the “Math Questioning Strategies” template. The questions you create should connect concepts, procedures, and applications from algebra, activating prior knowledge for the lesson, and encourage exploration and problem solving.
The “Math Questioning Strategies” template includes:
- Math standard in the area of algebra, grade level, and learning objectives.
- Five probing questions that are directly aligned to the math standard and are used as pre-assessment and formative assessment questions.
Part 2: Reflection
In 250-500 words, provide a reflection that explains how using questioning strategies builds on prior instructional sessions, encourages student content exploration, and develops problem solving strategies. How are questioning strategies used as a guide to determine appropriateness of instructional resources and curriculum materials in order to adapt instruction?
Support your reflection with at least two scholarly resources.
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free answers Guarantee
- We Guarantee Timely Delivery of All essays
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your exact Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- We offer Direct Contact With Your Writer
- 24/7 Customer Support