The first step of the evidence-based practice process is to evaluate a nursing practice environment to identify a nursing problem in the clinical area. When a nursing problem is discovered, the nurse researcher develops a clinical guiding question to address that nursing practice problem.
For this assignment, you will create a clinical guiding question know as a PICOT question. The PICOT question must be relevant to a nursing practice problem. To support your PICOT question, identify six supporting peer-revised research articles, as indicated below. The PICOT question and six peer-reviewed research articles you choose will be utilized for subsequent assignments.
Use the “Literature Evaluation Table” to complete this assignment.
1. Select a nursing practice problem of interest to use as the focus of your research. Start with the patient population and identify a clinical problem or issue that arises from the patient population. In 200–250 words, provide a summary of the clinical issue.
2. Following the PICOT format, write a PICOT question in your selected nursing practice problem area of interest. The PICOT question should be applicable to your proposed capstone project (the project students must complete during their final course in the RN-BSN program of study).
3. The PICOT question will provide a framework for your capstone project.
4. Conduct a literature search to locate six research articles focused on your selected nursing practice problem of interest. This literature search should include three quantitative and three qualitative peer-reviewed research articles to support your nursing practice problem.
Note: To assist in your search, remove the words qualitative and quantitative and include words that narrow or broaden your main topic. For example: Search for diabetes and pediatric and dialysis. To determine what research design was used in the articles the search produced, review the abstract and the methods section of the article. The author will provide a description of data collection using qualitative or quantitative methods. Systematic Reviews, Literature Reviews, and Metanalysis articles are good resources and provide a strong level of evidence but are not considered primary research articles. Therefore, they should not be included in this assignment.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
RUBRICS: A clinical issue is thoroughly described. The issue relates to nursing practice. A PICOT question is clearly presented. The PICOT question format is applied accurately and presents an answerable and researchable question. Article citations and permalinks are presented. Article citations are accurately presented in APA format. Each article clearly relates to the PICOT question. The articles provide strong support for the PICOT question. Six research articles are presented. Each article meets the assignment criteria for a quantitative, qualitative, or mixed study. An ability to identify the different types of research design used in a study is consistently demonstrated. Purpose statements are accurate and clearly summarized. Research questions are accurate and capture the fundamental question posed by the researchers in each study. Research outcomes are accurate and described in detail for each article. The setting in which the researcher conducted the study is detailed and accurate for each article. The sample is indicated and accurate for each article. A thorough discussion on the method of study for each article is presented. Discussion of study results, including findings and implications for nursing practice, is thorough with relevant details and extensive explanation. Researcher recommendations accurate are thoroughly described for each article. Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English. Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error.
The post problem, intervention, comparison and outcome appeared first on Essayprowess: Buy Cheap Essays Online from the Best Custom Writing Service on the Web.
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free answers Guarantee
- We Guarantee Timely Delivery of All essays
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your exact Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- We offer Direct Contact With Your Writer
- 24/7 Customer Support