Product Advertisement Analysis Paper
The assignment must be submitted as either a microsoft word file (.doc or .docx), a rich text file (.rtf), or as an adobe pdf.
For this assignment, you must select and analyze an advertisement for any product that you find advertised either online or in print (e.g. magazines, newspapers). Make sure the ad is appropriate to be turned in to your instructor (i.e., X-rated material will receive a failing grade). Also, the ad must not have been (1) discussed in lecture/textbook or (2) submitted by you as part of your completed Assignment #1. In order to receive credit, you must attach the advertisement to this assignment or provide a (working) web link if the ad is in video format. Print or non-video ads are strongly preferred.
Your paper should be 3-5 double-spaced pages in length and the following questions must be answered.
- Where did you find this advertisement? Please specify where you found it by supplying the exact web address or, for print advertisements, providing the title, issue, and date of the publication.
- Please provide a complete list of all references that you cited on the last page of your
document. This includes ANY information that you found on the brand/company that is not your own knowledge (e.g., brand/company age). Product Advertisement Analysis Paper
- Describe the ad—the product it advocates for, its general features, characteristics, etc.
- The main purpose of this assignment is to assess your ability to apply course concepts to actual
advertising content. With this in mind, below are 21 key concepts that we have covered thus far in class. At minimum, your ad analysis must include a discussion of at least 5 of these concepts. Moreover, you will be expected to provide a well-reasoned analysis concerning how and why a given concept applies to the ad you have chosen. Therefore, in choosing your ad, you should ensure that it reflects a minimum of 5 of the concepts listed below.
- – Market Segmentation Strategies (What general segmentation strategies does this ad reflect— aggregation, differentiated, niche, micromarketing?)
- – Market Segmentation Bases (Which bases of segmentation are being utilized— demographic, geographic, geo-demographic, psychographic, behavioral?)
- – Product Life Cycle (Which stage of the life cycle does this particular product fall into— introduction, growth, maturity, or decline?)
- – Attitude Functions (Does the ad target any attitude functions—knowledge function, value-expressive function, ego-defensive function, adjustment function?)
- – Balance Theory (How does the ad utilize principles of Balance Theory?)
- – Cognitive Dissonance Theory (How does the ad incorporate principles of Cognitive Dissonance Theory?)
- – Feelings-as-Information Theory (How does the ad employ principles of Feelings-as- Information Theory?)
- – Affect Confirmation Theory (How does the ad utilize principles of Affect Confirmation Theory?)
- – Country of Origin Effect (How does the ad try to take advantage of some positive association(s) related to the brand’s country of origin?)
- – Halo Effect (How does the ad try to create a halo effect associated with its brand?)
- – Situational Involvement (How does the ad attempt to increase/decrease situational involvement?)
- – Central Route (How does the ad attempt to convince consumers through the central route to persuasion?)
- – Peripheral Cues (How does the ad utilize peripheral cues to persuade consumers?)
- – Part-List Cuing (How does the ad utilize part-list cuing to increase consumer favorability toward the brand/product?)
- – The Attraction Effect (How does the ad attempt to create an attraction effect to increase consumer favorability toward the brand/product?)
- – The Compromise Effect (How does the ad attempt to create a compromise effect to increase consumer favorability toward the brand/product?)
- – Length-Implies-Strength Heuristic (How does the ad incorporate a length-implies- strength heuristic?)
- – Liking-Agreement Heuristic (How does the ad utilize a liking-agreement heuristic?)
- – Consensus-Implies-Correctness Heuristic (How does the ad incorporate a consensus- implies-correctness heuristic?)
- – Representativeness Heuristic (How does the ad employ a representativeness heuristic?)
- – Anchoring-and-Adjustment Heuristic (How does the ad employ an anchoring-and- adjustment heuristic?)
Product Advertisement Analysis Paper
Need Help with a similar Assignment?
The post Product Advertisement Analysis Paper appeared first on EssayPanthers.
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free answers Guarantee
- We Guarantee Timely Delivery of All essays
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your exact Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- We offer Direct Contact With Your Writer
- 24/7 Customer Support