Knowledge Acquisition and Memory Development
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, please read all the required readings and the Instructor Guidance, as well as view all required multimedia. It is suggested that you also review the recommended resources for this week as a number of them may assist you in creating this written assignment with links to applicable articles.
Too often, when we learn about memory development, we forget that this has a direct relationship to effectively learning. Knowledge is essentially a memory and how well we process information affects our performance at many levels. For this paper, you will be explaining some of the cognitive-based ideologies that explain how memory development works, how it is affected by outside variables, and strategies for improving one’s own information processing effectively. You will demonstrate an understanding of psychological research methods and skeptical inquiry by correctly utilizing support resources within your writing.
Discuss the following in your paper:
- What is memory development and how does it relate to acquiring new knowledge?
- Why is it important to successfully move information from working (short-term) memory to long-term memory (effective information processing)?
- What strategies can be utilized to move knowledge from working memory to long-term memory more effectively? (List a minimum of three strategies.)
- How much does attention and perception play a role in successful development of schema?
- How do the types of memories (knowledge) affect how we effectively process information?
- Consider the following:
- Semantic memories
- Episodic memories
- Autobiographical memories
- How does false memory development affect how we learn effectively? Is anyone immune?
- Must be five to six double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use headings and sub-headings.
- Must use appropriate research methods to support the content inclusions.
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement. [Explain the topic of this paper and succinctly summarize the elements you will discuss.]
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that summarizes your topic and findings.
- Must use at least one scholarly source from the Ashford University Library, in addition to the required e-book.
- Must not use quoted material.
- Please synthesize the information you have read.
- Must document all sources in APA style.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style
Memory Development [heading]
Effective Processing [sub-heading]
Attention and Perception [sub-heading]
Types of Knowledge [sub-heading]
Potential strategies. [content]
False Memory Development [sub-heading]
[List of references]
Example of formatting:
Rosser-Majors, M.L. (2017). Theories of learning: An exploration. San Diego, CA: Bridgepoint Education.
Turner, M. L., & Engle, R. W. (1989). Is working memory capacity task dependent? Journal of Memory and Language, 28, 127–154. doi:10.1016/0749-596X(89)90040-5
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free answers Guarantee
- We Guarantee Timely Delivery of All essays
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your exact Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- We offer Direct Contact With Your Writer
- 24/7 Customer Support