Report #5: The Draft in the United States
After reading Chapter 18 of your text (“National Security Policymaking”) and watching the PBS documentary The Draft (link to the video below, it is about an hour long), write a brief report. The report should contain three separate sections that address all the points in each question. Notice the expected word count for each section (exceeding the word count will not negatively affect your grade, but please try to stay within the range).
1. Describe the use of mandatory military service over the course of U.S. history. Indicate some points in time where significant changes were made to policies regarding required military service. (approximately 200-250 words)
2. Indicate what you believe are some of the more convincing arguments for why the U.S. should require individuals to serve in the military. (approximately 150-200 words)
3. Indicate what you believe are some of the more convincing arguments against a mandatory draft. (approximately 150-200 words)
Be careful not to plagiarize. If you want to quote directly from the documentary, do so by using quotation marks. But try to do this sparingly and simply use your own words in addressing the questions.
In your writing, use an analytical tone in which you address the questions in a straightforward and objective manner.
Link to the video: The Draft
The post Report #5: The Draft in the United States appeared first on Versed Writers.
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free answers Guarantee
- We Guarantee Timely Delivery of All essays
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your exact Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- We offer Direct Contact With Your Writer
- 24/7 Customer Support