Team leaders have the responsibility to create the conditions for a team and its members to grow, Elaborate
1. Innovative Coaching Please respond in 100 words Innovative Coaching was one of the concepts discussed in chapter 12. Team leaders have the responsibility to create the conditions for a team and its members to grow. The main purpose of team leadership is to ensure that its team members can thrive (Porter-Oâ€Grady & Malloch, 2011). Porter-Oâ€Grady and Malloch (2011) list several rules to be followed if leaders are to convert work into innovative efforts. Setting a high bar, clarification of who you are, treating transformation as a mission in lieu of a job, exposing staff to different messages and messengers, creating egalitarian organizational structures, putting money into ideas, allowing the talented to experiment, and allowing the sharing of success with others are rules elicited by the authors. Of these I have recently seen a nurse consultant come to a facility and change the flow of the floor to improve patient care. She told me that she her compensation was based on the successful metrics from the changes. This consultant was brought in after the successful change to flow from other facilities. She enlisted the help of all staff. She held numerous workshops and education sessions on what was needed and expected with the changes. She constantly showed the success of these changes from other facilities. She was present when all the changes started and I assume was compensated for her system which is still successful. Reference to use Porter-Oâ€Grady, T., & Malloch, K. (2011). Quantum leadership: Advancing innovation, transforming healthcare. (3rd ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning. â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€” 2. What is New for Future Nurses Please respond in 100 words This short reading was an editorial found in a nursing journal which offered an opinion related to the leadership turmoil from unions that represent British nurses. This editorial was thought provoking and left a question to debate. The author questioned if nursing leadership needed to have a background in nursing. She proposed that the leadership for the nursing unions should be filled by the most qualified candidate. I disagree, I feel that nursing leadership must come from nursing. Perhaps the turmoil was caused by ineffective leaders who were not able to recruit followers. Leaders need followers who share a partnership to achieve a shared vision, mission, and future. Followers have a willingness to serve, are assertive and determined, are willing to challenge new ideas, and imaginative. (Grossman & Valiga, 2009). Nurses need to be represented by nurses. Who else would understand the foundation of nursing with the nursing paradigm of person, health, environment, and nursing. Who else understands what knowledge, skills, and attitudes are needed to give professional nursing care. How would a non nurse understand how patient -centered care, team work and collaboration, evidence-based care, quality improvement, safety, and informatics affect patients? In my opinion, it sounds like these British unions lack a transformational leader whose energy can help ignite passion, loyalty, and success through teamwork. Reference to use Grossman, S.C., & Valiga, T.M. (2009). The new leadership challenge: Creating the future of nursing (3rd ed.). Philadelphia, PA: F.A. Davis Company. â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”- 3. Trends in Nursing Look at your health care organization. What are some of the current trends you see in your organization related to nursing leadership? Are these trends harmful or helpful? How do you think these trends can be used in the future of nursing leadership? Explain. Please respond in 100 words The leadership in my organization is currently receiving on the job training. The nursing leadership does not currently have an orientation phase. They are placed in the position and are assigned a mentor to work alongside of them until they feel confident enough to take flight. These trends are both harmful and helpful because nurses need some sort of an orientation to get a feel for the position. I believe that why we have so many positions open. â€œExcellent leaders must possess administrative competence, appropriate educational preparation, business skills, broad clinical expertise, and a thorough understanding of leadership principles (Fonville, Killian, and Tranbarger).â€ The jobs are not usually what the nurse is expecting. This can be helpful because the nurse has a mentor there assisting them along the way. The mentor is there as a guide until the nurse feels comfortable with the position and they are available when the nurse has questions. The nursing leadership also attends weekly meeting giving them the progress of their unit. This is beneficial because the nurse leader is aware of the improvements needed for the unit. It is important for nurse leaders to have support available when needed. â€œA clinical career ladder provided recognition and financial reward for nurses at the bedside, but nurses interested in developing management skills did not have similar opportunities (Fonville, Killian, and Tranbarger 1998).â€ Reference to use Fonville, A. M., Killian, F. R., & Tranbarger, R. E. (1998). Developing new nurse leaders. Nursing Economics, 16(2), 83-7. Retrieved from https://search.proquest.com/docview/236967776?accountid=458 â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€” 4. Leadership Qualities List at least five personal leadership qualities a nursing leader should possess. How can those qualities help a nursing leadership professional achieve his or her goals? Explain. Please respond in 100 words Five leadership qualities that a nurse leader should possess are communication skills, growth, courage, trustworthiness, and compassion. These qualities will assist the nurse leader in achieving his or her goals. Personal growth is the most important because the nurse will gain self-development. â€œLeadership is also based on personal growth, which is a guide for increasing ones potential at leadership (Liu 2010, p.19).â€ Some individuals are natural born leaders and for some require practice. A nurse leader must have excellent communication skills in order to communicate with staff and patients. Communication is the key to building a positive relationship with staff. â€œEvidence continues to increase that communication breakdowns are responsible for medication errors, unnecessary costs, and inadequate patient care (Maureen 2013, p.101).â€ The nurse must have courage in his or herself. Courage will give them the ability to face everyday challenges and they can lead by example. Trustworthiness is another quality needed by nurses because the staff has to know that the nurse leader is dependable and reliable. Staff is likely to follow individuals that can be trusted. Trustworthiness is a crucial trait and transformational leaders display integrity, courage, and stability (Satusky 2012, p. 2).â€ Last but not least, the nurse leader must have compassion. Having compassion as a nurse leader will give the nurse the ability to be sympathetic with patients and staff. Compassion will help the nurse to spoke to co-workers like they would want to be spoken too. Leadership is both an art and a science. Leadership skills begin with understanding oneâ€s self, and there are many tools out there to help you with self-discovery, self-improvement, reflection, and renewal (Satusky 2012, p. 2).â€ Reference to use Judd, Maureen,M.S.N., R.N. (2013). Broken communication in nursing can kill: Teaching communication is vital. Creative Nursing, 19(2), 101-4. Retrieved from https://search.proquest.com/docview/1353081946?accountid=458 Liu, C. (2010). Leadership: Qualities, skills, and efforts. Interbeing, 4(2), 19-25. Retrieved from https://search.proquest.com/docview/856587949?accountid=458 Satusky, Mary Jo, BSN, RN,O.N.C., C.C.R.C. (2012). The nurse leader in you. Orthopaedic Nursing, 31(1), 1-2. Retrieved from https://search.proquest.com/docview/926230493?accountid=458 â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€”â€“ 5. Making Integration Work Please respond in 100 words As I read this chapter I could not help but recall a previous discussion on patient
accountability. In my opinion this chapter highlights why I feel healthcare is disjointed and chaotic. The concepts of how independence and accountability of the users of healthcare providers were examined. This chapter talks about how patients need to be responsible for their own health and empowered to act in the right way (Porter-Oâ€Grady & Malloch, 2011). The authors talk about the importance of tracking and empowering patients. Four responsibilities were listed as necessary for changes to occur. Speeding up resources is the period of time that nurses have with patients to make sure that they have access to resources. Orchestrating the dynamics of change is the second responsibility listed. Building relationships is the third responsibility which involves the building of sustainable long term relationships. Organizations need to remain focused on its mission. Finally, putting necessary structures in place to make sure that new behaviors are accompanied by structural support. Due to recent changes in healthcare laws reimbursements are now tied to patient satisfaction surveys. These surveys provide metrics that are important to the patient. I am under the assumption that most nurses have had a least one customer service course to deal with these surveys. In the ED, I cannot tell you how many people are discharged with instructions to follow up and are told that they need to wait for an available appointment ( which can be months). I also see patients who do not follow the discharge instructions follow up with providers. In my environment, the healthcare system does not reward the empowering of patients. Reference to use Porter-Oâ€Grady, T., & Malloch, K. (2011). Quantum leadership: Advancing innovation, transforming healthcare. (3rd ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH WWW.SPEEDESSAYS.COM TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER AND GET HELP
Click the button below to order this paper AND ENJOY OUR DISCOUNT.
The post Team leaders have the responsibility to create the conditions for a team and its members to grow, Elaborate appeared first on Deliver My Assignment.
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free answers Guarantee
- We Guarantee Timely Delivery of All essays
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your exact Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- We offer Direct Contact With Your Writer
- 24/7 Customer Support