In completing the case study students will be addressing the following learning objective:
Discuss how situational factors can potentially influence the behavior of healthcare professionals toward clients with mental illness.
1. Joe a 26-year-old Caucasian man is a client in a state prison system. Joe is admitted to the prison clinic after being involved in a fight in which he sustained a stab wound to the chest that did not penetrate the lungs or major blood vessels. The clinic doctor on duty was an employee of several years at the prison. The doctor showed little compassion for Joe stating ?He is a convicted criminal and he is just getting back some of what he deserves.? The new graduate nurse who was being oriented to the clinic thought that the doctor did not exhibit professional behavior toward Joe. The clinic nursing supervisor later explained that the doctor was influenced by situational factors.
(Learning Objective: 3)
What is a situational factor and how can this influence the behavior of healthcare workers? Provide an example where a situational factor impacted on your behavior while in a healthcare setting.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH AMAZON PAPERS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post What is a situational factor and how can this influence the behavior of healthcare workers? Provide an example where a situational factor impacted on your behavior while in a healthcare setting. appeared first on Wise Papers.
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free answers Guarantee
- We Guarantee Timely Delivery of All essays
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your exact Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- We offer Direct Contact With Your Writer
- 24/7 Customer Support