World War II left no country untouched. The fighting left whole continents battered and devastated. Cities were flattened, and hundreds of thousands were displaced from their homes. Some 49 million people died in World War II, including 400,000 American soldiers. Another 11 million, including 6 million Jews, were killed in German concentration camps. Battles took place in nearly every corner of the globe. Soldiers fought on beaches, in jungles, and along rivers, and campaigns for dominance stretched across the globe, with eventual victory by the Allies.
Part 1: The Military Experience
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper that provides a comprehensive view of the American military experience during World War II. The paper should do the following:
- Identify the causes for American involvement in the war.
- Present an analysis of the major military campaigns of the war. Analyze each of the following military campaigns, including 2 to 3 of the related subtopics, the results of the campaign, and overall success for the Allies. Emphasize the American position in each campaign.
- North African Campaign
- Operation Torch
- Vichy position
- Rommel and Von Amim in North Africa
- Patton and Bradley in North Africa
- Rommel withdraws from El Agheila
- Battle of El Guettar
- Italian Campaign
- Casablanca Conference
- Operation Husky
- Fall of Messina
- Landing at Anzio
- Fall of Rome
- Mussolini’s surrender
Include maps, quotes, or statistics as appropriate.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Part 2: The Home Experience
Create a 6- to 10-slide presentation using Microsoft® PowerPoint® or another multimedia tool that provides a comprehensive view of the American home front during World War II. Include the following:
- The economic characteristics, such as tax policies, industrial production, employment, and manufacturing
- The political characteristics, such as the evolution of America from isolationism to limited support to full engagement in the war, and how the branches of government worked together to form a cohesive war strategy
- The social characteristics, such as opportunities for women and minorities, internment of Japanese Americans, demographic shifts, leisure activities, and others
Include photographs, maps, quotes, or statistics as appropriate.
Cite your reference sources consistent with APA guidelines
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free answers Guarantee
- We Guarantee Timely Delivery of All essays
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your exact Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- We offer Direct Contact With Your Writer
- 24/7 Customer Support